- Carry out a broad range of Planned Preventative Maintenance work on the companies equipment
- Primarily attend customer sites mainly in the UK/Ireland but possibly also in Europe with overnight stays as required
- Deliver reports and customer satisfaction documents after the job completion
- Provide customer satisfaction through excellent workmanship and attitude
- Comply with customer Health and Safety requirements and standard operational practices
- Flexible with working hours in order to meet customer expectations
- You will be responsible to the service manager for overall performance, the role will involve extensive travel within the UK and occasionally abroad.
The successful applicant must endeavor to contribute towards the company’s methodology of working, and it would be desirable for said individual to have the following attributes:
- Ideally you will have recognised qualifications within the Mechanical Service Industry and have practical experience, as well as:
- IT Literate
- Manufacturing or Material Handling Background
- Hold a clean full driving license
- Having experience of our equipment would be desirable, but full training will be given
- A positive “can do” attitude
- Effective verbal & listening communication skills
- Demonstrate high quality work ethic
- The ideal person will have maintained and serviced robotics machinery and be looking to take the next step in their career to a more field based role
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK