RF Hardware Developer
- Technical design and specification of discrete linear RF PA solutions
- High efficiency compact handheld battery
- Technical requirements analysis
- Complete transmitter chain specification, design and implementation
- Component specification and sourcing
- Block, subsystem and product integration testing
- Resolution of design and integration issues
- Type approval support
- Support design, testing and troubleshooting in other areas of the product as appropriate
- Technical support to end customers and subcontract manufacturers
- Progress reporting
- Discrete linear PA design
- Transmitter chain design
- RF design
- Analogue design.
- Handset design
- Printed coupler design
- RF simulation tools (e.g. Genesys, ADS, Microwave Office)
- Portable product design
- RF simulation tools (e.g. Microwave Offfice, ADS) for linear and non-linear simulation
- Ideally the applicant will have experience in one or more of the following technology areas:
- 3G/4G design.
- GPS/WiFI/Bluetooth design
- VCO/synth design
- Receiver design
- Cartesian loop transmitter design
- Transmitter linearization techniques e.g. pre-distortion (analogue/digital)
- ADS simulation
- CST Microwave Studio
- Antenna design
- Design for ESD protection.
- Design for EMC.
- Power supply design (analogue and SMPS).
- Transmit converter specification (SNR, rates)
- FIR filter design
- Communicates effectively with others across multiple disciplines
- Works well in a small focussed team, sometimes against tight deadlines
- Conscientious, reliable and enthusiastic worker who takes pride in their work
- Self-driven and motivated with ability to use own initiative and take a technical lead
- Ability to work to a high level of quality with good attention to detail
- Senior minimum 5 years, Principal minimum 8 years RF design experience
- High volume product development
- PA development for mobile and/or fixed site communication
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK