Reliability Engineer Responsibilities:
Working independently and as part of a wider team, your responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshooting, repair and scheduled maintenance of integrated robotic systems
- Provide technical support to other internal teams in the Technology Division
- Maintaining service logs, service records and accurate configurations of the systems
- Ensuring Preventative Maintenance actions are carried out precisely and on time and to ensure all service works are clearly and accurately documented
- Managing spare parts inventory
- Identification and reporting of design issues that may need escalating
- Root cause investigations for system level issues coming into the team
- Mentoring and training of new starters
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- It’s taken for granted that you’ll be great at working as part of a team, bringing your strong work ethic and a proven desire to deliver high quality results.
- You will need to have:
- A relevant technical degree and / or experience and excellent practical mechanical and electronics experience
- A can-do hands-on attitude for a variety of tasks
- Proven track record in independently trouble shooting complex electro-mechanical systems
- A mechanical aptitude for performing any mechanical component repair or replacement to exacting standards
- Electronics experience and ability to perform software updates via engineering interfaces
- Practical experience of technical service within a regulated environment such as medical/pharmaceutical or aerospace
- Good organisational skills and the ability to communicate effectively between technical teams
- Good written English and the ability to use Microsoft Office suite tools
- Familiarity with using measurement and test equipment such as bench power supplies, multi-meters, oscilloscopes.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK