Key accountabilities & responsibilities:
- Development of products to facilitate water distribution and control of water distribution in high-rise, multi-occupancy buildings
- Management of projects from inception to delivery, of approved discrete products.
- Measuring project progress and reporting by exception i.e. delays in a timely fashion.
- Overall responsibility for the design, prototyping, material selection, testing and approval of the finished product.
- Identifying key internal stakeholders who shall form part of the project delivery team from ideation through to production.
- Identifying key external suppliers who shall be responsible for assisting in successfully delivering the project.
- Identifying key 3rd party organisations that shall be required to deliver 3rd party product approval.
- Delivering the project on time and in cost
- Delivery of the added value element of the project agreed at project start
Experience the successful candidate needs:
- At least two Key attributes of Humble, Hungry and (people) Smart must be clearly demonstrated.
- A willingness and desire to develop the above.
- An open and collaborative communication style
- Ability to lead and influence across a multi-discipline project team
- Degree qualified in an engineering/design discipline
- At least 5 years post graduate experience in a plumbing product design capacity
- In-depth knowledge of project management software
- In-depth knowledge of CAD design software
- In-depth knowledge of the MS suite of office software
- Knowledge of FMEA and DfMA concepts and relevant software
- Experience with CFD (desirable)
- Ability to analyse and solve complex engineering problems both as an individual and taking the lead within a wider multi-discipline project team
- Knowledge of materials used across a range of plumbing products
- Knowledge of type tests required for plumbing products (desirable)
- Experience of taking a product through 3rd party approval (desirable)
- Experience of protecting a product with IP (desirable)
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK