- Fully responsible for the Quality Management System, including:
- Key point of contact for all quality issues.
- Full responsibility for finished product inspection and testing, ensuring full compliance with company and customer expectations.
- Take the lead for regular focused Quality Meetings.
- Take the lead and manage PPAP’s as required.
- Take the lead and manage calibration as required.
- Take the lead, plan, manage and support audits:
- Regular internal audits.
- Represent the company during customer quality audits.
- Represent the company during supplier quality audits.
- Represent the company during ISO9001:2015 audits and ensure full compliance with all requirements.
- Represent the company during audits and ensure full compliance with all requirements.
- Initiate or raise NCRs or G8Ds for all quality failures or where appropriate.
- Take full responsibility for raising and managing any potential quality concessions, where appropriate.
- Complete customer quality documents/questionnaires, as required.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and progressing quality improvement projects and processes.
- Represent the quality team as a member of the SMT (Senior Management Team).
- Take full responsibility for RISQS certification requirements, lead and represent the company to ensure full compliance with all RISQS rules.
- Any other duties commensurate with the skills and level of position, as determined by the General Manager.
- Deputise for the General Manager, in order to ensure full compliance with our Environmental Policy, and documented KPI’s.
- Support the General Manager and take responsibility for Training and recruitment of direct reports.
- Support the General Manager and Senior Management Team (SMT) to ensure that our Business Continuity Plan is effective and fit for purpose.
- Support the General Manager and Senior Management Team (SMT) to ensure that our Emergency Plan is effective and fit for purpose.
- Support the General Manager and Senior Management Team (SMT) to ensure that all Human Resource policies, procedures and regulations are followed, effective and fit for purpose.
- Support the General Manager and Senior Management Team (SMT) to ensure that all Occupational Health policies, procedures and regulations are followed, effective and fit for purpose.
- Essential – Formal Quality or Engineering qualification, to degree level or equivalent.
- Desirable – Electrical Engineering Degree, with a bias toward quality management.
- Essential – Previous Quality Management experience within an engineering or manufacturing concern.
- Desirable – 5 Years’ experience in a similar role, working within the rail, automotive OR aerospace industries.
- Essential – Full understanding of ISO9001:2015 requirements.
- Desirable – Full understanding of RISQS requirements.
- Desirable – Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Desirable – ProgressPlus and Sage software packages. Microsoft Office, FMEA process.
Planning and Delivery:
- Able to plan effectively.
- Advanced & effective project management skills.
- Personal commitment to managing projects, to ensure that they are delivered on time and to the agreed cost.
Problem solving and decision making:
- Understand and use appropriate problem-solving tools, in order to identify route cause. (e.g. G8D, 5-Why, etc.)
- Able to analyse complex problems, identify all potential alternatives and then make the right decision for both the customers and the business.
Communications and influencing:
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with colleagues, management, as well as external customers and supply chain partners.
Management and leadership:
- Assertive, accurate, confident and precise.
- Ability to instil confidence and trust with colleagues, customers and supply chain partners.
- Willingness to take control, and lead from the front.
Teamwork and personal impact:
- Consult with the team and other experts as and when required.
- Take the lead and be an effective technical quality link between the company and the customer.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK