- To maintain the company’s recognised quality system and to assist the Quality Manager in the maintenance of quality records. Success will be measured by the continued certification to IATF 16949 and the results of external customer audits.
- Provides and facilitates the ongoing education/training of all employees at this location in the OP-EX/ Quality continuous improvement initiatives. Promotes a continuous learning environment. Support the value steams in providing training and coaching in problem solving, the 5 Y’s, six sigma methodology, DMAIC process (define, measure, analyse, improve, control), process flowcharting, 8D process, Control plans, FMEA, Standardised work, Poka-yoke, Gauge R&R, SPC, Design of experiments (DOE), etc.
- Support customer needs by effective corrective and preventative action as required. These reports should be completed within the timelines defined by the customer. Measures will be linked to customer report cards.
- Makes Execution (Implementation) and results a top priority, identifying and responding to the priorities established in Departmental and Corporate Objectives. Support the maintenance and effectiveness of tracking centres at cell, and department site level.
- Assist in reviewing and closure of quality complaints and internal reject issues to ensure corrective and preventive actions have been implemented and appropriate containment actions have been taken.
- To support the design and development of products and processes through advanced product quality planning to ensure that prevention-based systems are utilised. Ensure the quality system is followed at all times and that project folders are up to date at all times. Where necessary conduct project reviews to measure success.
- Communicates the status and progress of programs to the OPEX Manager, Operations Manager and the facility, using reports, verbal skills and visual display. Work with local teams to develop clear and effective communication tools to spread the word about successes.
- Degree in relevant engineering principle.
- Fluent in reading, writing and conversing in technical language
- A clear and practical understanding of the quality requirements of 1st tier automotive customers.
- Good understanding of lean manufacturing (flow) processes, measures and goals in a throughput world.
- Good presentation skills to effectively share success and ideas.
- Auditor qualification (preferred).
- Minimum 5 years of Quality experience within a manufacturing environment demonstrating a self-starting and hands on style.
- A clear and practical understanding of the use of quality improvement tools such as SPC, DOE, Poka-yoke, 8-D, etc.
- Strong communication skills with ability to sell Quality improvement.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK