Quality Assurance Manager
- Ensure operators work safely in accordance to site safety and environmental procedures and safe systems of work, carrying out audits as required and promote best practice.
- Ensure that all staff work to current BRC & ISO standards daily.
- Update and issue out new BRC / ISO conformity data and ensure that this is followed through with all staff
- Liaise with Sales and Logistics daily to ensure that all complaints are dealt with in a timely and efficient manor
- Liaise with Maintenance to ensure that any site works required for BRC / ISO are being worked to.
- Ensure that all Quality KPI’s are monitored and updated daily
- Promote and maintain housekeeping standards in all areas of the business to ensure that high standards are maintained in line with BRC / ISO regulations.
- Conduct shop floor quality checks on a regular basis and monitor product quality to ensure it meets specified standards, including its packaging.
- Operate quality control machinery and record results.
- Liaise with Print Managers and Operators to investigate non-confirming material and suggest recommendations on preventative measures.
- Conduct shop floor investigations against quality complaints both internal and external
- Check and file all shop floor quality paperwork to ensure that all packs meet current BRC / ISO guidelines
- Lead, motivate and monitor the training of new starters and operators in order to meet production Quality targets, ensuring all training is recorded and updated regularly.
- Carry out disciplinary investigations and hearings as per the Company Disciplinary Procedure, liaising with HR for advice and guidance.
- Lead by example, imparting a positive attitude towards the job, other employees and the Company.
The successful candidate will ideally have previous Quality assurance experience in a manufacturing environment in either a supervisory or management capacity, an understanding of BRC / ISO regulations and process is desirable, however, training can and will be provided in these areas, especially for those currently working in a technician role who is looking for that next step in their career.
Excellent people management skills and the ability to make sound objective decisions with minimal supervision is key to the role.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK