QHSE Engineer –
- Evaluate dimensional and visual assessment of components and identify areas of concern.
- Identify concerns and liaise with relevant internal and customer contacts until concerns are fully resolved using 8D and the appropriate problem-solving tools.
- Conduct drawing and specification reviews as part of feasibility studies.
- Actively participate in PFMEA meetings and subsequent reviews.
- Drive quality improvement throughout the business, using PPAP, 5 Why, FMEA, CAPA and Ishikawa.
- Creation of SOP’s for process activities
- Conduct Internal Audits covering both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards. (An IATF 16949 background would also be preferrable).
- Identify 5S concerns and liaise with appropriate personnel.
- Maintain Quality/Environmental (Integrated) management system.
- Maintain health and safety management system
- Support site emergency preparedness and operational controls
- Supporting onsite statutory annual programmes in partnership with maintenance team
- Support onsite waste management activities
- Annual review / creation of Risk Assessments – (Generic, PUWER, COSHH, DSE)
- Completion of internal HS&E walkthrough Inspections (with HS&E Committee members support)
- Take lead role for HS&E Committee meetings
- Support first-aid, near miss and accident investigations
- Complete monthly statistical analysis for QHSE Objective and Target KPI’s
- Support close out of NC’s and other findings from internal/external audits
- Plan and support Quality and Environmental management reviews
- Creation of procedures and other supporting documents controlled to IMS
- Supporting supplier selection, and performance measuring and monitoring (in line with procurement / projects team)
- Maintaining site legal compliance for QHSE Management
- Lead and maintain ERP / MRP Quality system (Galion)
Other Features –
- 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Normal hours of work, 8.00am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday including half an hour unpaid lunch
- Occasional travel within UK and Overseas to visit customer/suppliers
- Valid UK driver’s license therefore essential
- Experienced Quality Health, Safety Environmental Engineer
- Experienced in a manufacturing, automotive or injection moulding environment
- General understanding of CAD and interpreting 2D drawing data to GD&T standard
- Experienced Internal Auditor in IATF16949/9001, ISO14001, Quality, Environmental Management
- Experienced in all elements of PPAP
- Competent in development of Quality Procedures, SOP quality control documentation
- Experienced in Environmental management
- IOSH qualification
- 8D and practicable problem solving trained
- Trained in an industry recognised engineering qualification
- Experienced in inspection techniques
- Familiar with ERP / MRP solutions and usage
- Experienced in use of advanced Microsoft Office tools
- Lead Auditor in either Quality or Environmental Management.
- 5S / Lean manufacturing experience
- Experienced in Injection moulding / tooling design and fundamentals
- NEBOSH qualification
- Internal auditor qualification for ISO 45001
- Environmental qualification (e.g. AIEMA Foundation)
- Experienced in CMM inspection equipment
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK