Python Software Engineer
- Develop maintainable and robust software (primarily Python) following best practices
- Work in a multi-disciplinary environment with embedded software, electronic, mechanical and manufacturing engineers
- Enthusiastically engage with users to create great products that meet key engineering requirements
- Deliver project tasks within agreed time-scales and budget
- Write clear and concise technical documentation
- Continuously improve existing applications
You’ll have a 2.1 or above in a STEM degree subject, and be able to demonstrate strong Python software development skills developed through professional experience. You’re the kind of person who has a passion for high quality software, a drive to continually learn new skills, and a determination to deliver great software within agreed timescales.
- Strong Python development skills
- Experience with C
- Experience of the full software lifecycle
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience of automated testing and continuous integration
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Good communication skills
- A desire to help and support your fellow team members
- Motivated to improve outcomes for patients
- Knowledge of standard network protocols
- Experience of GUI application development
- Experience of data acquisition and analysis
- Experience interfacing with electronics
- Understanding of linear algebra
- Understanding of rotational dynamics – e.g. gear ratios and torque
- Knowledge of safety critical software development and working to international standards
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK