- Source and order all raw materials including sheet plastic and any items related to the production of our finished moulded and assembled products.
- Negotiate prices, payment terms and SLA’s.
- Research new materials which give our company a technical advantage, bringing newness and innovation to our customers.
- Stay informed of developments and market activity on a global level, building a wide knowledge and expertise of what you are buying and the industry.
- Work closely with the Engineering department to clearly identify the correct materials required for each product and arranging sample sheet as required.
- Liaise with the Production and Sales teams regarding lead times to ensure materials are delivered in line with the production plan and customer deadlines.
- Proactively seek to reduce unit costs and total spend with suppliers whilst maintaining superb quality.
- Knowledge of plastic materials, ideally sheet plastic an advantage.
- Experienced negotiator
- Excellent communication skills
- Well organised with a high attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- CIP’s qualification desirable but not essential
- Proven track record within a buying role
- Previous purchasing experience essential
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK