- Makefast are recruiting a Purchasing Assistant to join our offices in Newtown on a permanent basis. You will be working in a small team reporting directly to the Senior Buyer. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Issuing purchase orders to suppliers and liaising closely with them.
- Managing lead times with suppliers and the expectations of the customer service team.
- Assisting in managing product data and inventory on MRP system.
- Creating purchasing related reports.
- Liaising with the wider team on stock control and dealing with any stores related queries.
- Raising Kanban on purchase orders.
- Raising Stationary orders.
- Chasing Makefast Open Purchase order book.
- Updating the team about any delays or problems with suppliers.
- Maintaining records of supplier contracts.
- Although the role will primarily be focused on purchasing related tasks, there may also be day to day office administration involved as part of this role.
- Experience Using ERP /MRP Systems.
- Good multitasking skills.
- Ability to be nimble and problem-solve with an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, timely, and professionally within our team and with external vendors.
- Experience in Excel managing data with advanced formulas and functions.
- Knowledgeable in simple Retail Math & Analysis.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
- Must meet deadlines within a multi-task environment.
- Able to work with little direct supervision yet understand when to elevate issues and concerns.
- Must develop effective business relationships with store and per associates.
- Above Average skills using Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Works well in a Team.
- Exceptional attention to detail
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK