Purchase / Buyer
- Develop the commodity strategy in line with the Business strategy and company policy.
- Implement the strategy and monitor the progress to ensure achieving cost down targets.
- Ensure to meet the time-bound target for New projects – coordinate to work efficiently and effectively with internal colleagues and/or suppliers.
- Develop and issue RFQ and evaluate open book quotations by making detailed comparisons between suppliers.
- Identify the areas of non-compliance between submitted quotations and company drawings/specifications
- Review the drawings to closely monitor any design changes and ensure that suppliers are fully aware of these changes in time and log/record all cost implications where applicable.
- Manage the project/your area of responsibility in line with industrial/customer/KEL new project processes including PPAP, delivery of trial parts, packing approval, ramp-up stock levels and hand-over.
- Negotiate with internal customers and/or suppliers in terms of contractual agreement or QCD agreement to secure the better deal to create positive impact to profitability
- Maintain the regular contact with current/potential suppliers to develop/maintain commercially competitive business partnership – which includes visiting the supplier site for on-spot auditing of process/commercial review.
- Monitor and assess any commercial risks in relation to existing suppliers and sub-suppliers.
- Communicate the progress of projects/tasks with team weekly basis and identify & assess the commercial supply risk with possible solution/countermeasure.
- To lead and manage the activity with KCZ (Company European Operation’s other production site in Czech Republic) including sharing of data and conducting shared benchmarking projects to find cost reduction opportunities between both divisions.
- Work closely with and develop the existing supplier base to ensure the supplier base achieves the best possible QCCD rating.
- Work with the supplier QCCD system, ensuring that the relevant KPI measures are in place and regularly reviewed on all suppliers within your area of responsibility.
- Work closely with others within the department, making a positive contribution to good team working and idea generation.
- To maintain and further develop departmental procedures and work instructions to ensure compliance with TS16949. + give support to ensure company adherence to legislation / compliance and specific customer request.
- Business or Engineering degree is advantageous.
- Minimum hands-on experience in Production/Manufacturing environment for 2 years. Automotive industry and/or other highly technical industry which involves technical drawings or data is desirable.
- Hands-on negotiation skill for better terms for commercial benefits.
- Supplier audit & quotation analysis skill is advantageous.
- Supplier site audit in high volume production is advantageous.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Lean Manufacturing practice such as TPS, JIT, 5S is advantageous.
- Normal Excel Skill to make report / summarize purchasing data is necessary.
- Knowledge and/or experience in TS16949 or ISO9001 & ISO 14001 is advantageous.
- Knowledge of REACH/IMDS/PPAP is advantageous.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK