- Must work in line with the company’s project guidelines and meet each SBU’s strategic goals and objectives, assessing the commercial and manufacturing viability of projects, and working closely with the sales team. Ensure specification is met as per the agreed customer requirements.
- Liaise closely with New Product Development team and Supply Chain Management, where appropriate, to maintain regular communications with sub-contractors and tool makers as necessary. Maintain the timing and tracking process to provide regular updates for cost, timing, quality and other project key measurables.
- Program/Project Development: Support direct and indirect team members and be aligned with Key Account Managers in customer focused meetings. Proficient in MS Office and all relevant company internal systems. Have clear and competent ability to run an APQP style program and support KAM with SOW’s, Warranty conditions, tooling quotes and associated technical needs that are designed into targeted programs (feasibility check), ensure that customer requirements are “translated” and fed back into the organization (incl. commercial and technical requirements).
- Kick off program management process to ensure that a work on the identified programs establishes program budget (engineering hours, tooling budget, piece cost budget, program management hours) together with Engineering Manager & BDM. Recommend piece price/tooling cost to BDM / Key Account Manager for further review, ensure cost targets, quality requirements and timelines are met with the lowest possible manpower and cost effort.
- Develop and maintain Workfront and the open project list as a visible communication and management tool. Generate weekly engineering projects reports and conduct weekly engineering review meetings with the project teams and stakeholders where required. Establish and develop realistic and achievable business goals for each assigned program and formally review their performance on an individual ongoing basis.
- Maintain and develop current processes, with a focus on Lessons Learnt and continuous improvement, and work closely with the extended Program Management team locally and globally to provide best in practice standards and procedures.
- Engineering University Degree preferred
- PM Qualification preferred, eg. PMP, Prince2
- Manufacturing industry experience required – 2+ years.
- Good financial and cost breakdown knowledge required.
- Fluent in English required and another language preferred.
- Program management skills and project management/coordination preferred.
- Good manufacturing process knowledge preferred (e.g. injection moulding, die casting, metal forming, assembly, etc).
- Good quality system knowledge (IATF 16949 preferred)
- Very important to ensure that the business goals are always the focus in relation to controlling the project, in regard to both project timing and cost control.
- Very important to arrange all program activities around the customer requirements (customer in the centre of all activities), customer timelines, quality requirements and cost goals are mandatory requirements which should be challenged but not questioned or left aside.
- Planning & Organisation skills are very much needed to assure efficient processes, procedures and project timing.
- Company SBU’s have to meet aggressive growth goals to achieve the critical mass that is important for the overall business. Striving for a 100% hit rate on acquired programs (formal) is essential to utilise resources most efficient.
- Crucial for the success of the program team as work is going to be done in a cross-function matrix structure where most people don’t report straight line back to PM or SBU.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK