The role of the Project Manager is to be main point of contact for their customers. Whilst Project Engineers will focus on tasks set, the Project Manger needs to manage projects, the team and work with other Project Managers to ensure all company projects are on target.
- Liaise with customers about current and future projects
- Organise and conduct meetings on all new projects with department heads to discuss manufacturing materials and methods
- Manage Project Engineers to set up, organise and update customer data on company server
- Manage the organisation and update free issue / bought-in stock
- Sign off quotes based on agreed or specified manufacturing materials and methods
- Schedule work to ensure customer timing requirements are met
- Communicate issues and updates to all Team Leaders and Project Engineers
- Ensure all projects are successfully completed to agreed targets (time / budget)
- Have an Engineering degree or relevant experience
- Have experience in a similar fast paced / high pressure industry
- Capable of managing a team
- Good communicational and written skills
- Capable of handling more than one project
- Capable of reaching set targets within given time
- Good knowledge about all common computer applications
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- High patience levels
- Confident and highly professional
- Efficiency – Able to produce output with minimal wasted effort
- Honesty/Integrity – Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully
- Organisation and Planning – Plans, organises, schedules and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities
- Follow Through on Commitments – Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal costs
- Attention to Detail – Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project
- Persistence – Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Proactivity – Act without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company
- Enthusiasm – Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude
- High Standards – Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best
- Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard is all forms of written communication, including e-mail.
- Teamwork – Reaches out to peers and co-operates with supervisors to establish and overall collaborative working relationship
- Persuasion – Able to Convince others to pursue a course of action.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK