Project Engineer – Technical Support:
We are supporting our client in their search for a Technical Support Engineer (40% field based / 60% site based), who will have a strong electro-mechanical maintenance background with experience in the installation, servicing and commissioning of injection moulding Machinery.
Relevant Job Titles:
Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Support Engineer
The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for providing technical telephone support to customers across the UK (60% of the time) as well as visiting customers and offering hands-on regarding injection moulding processing, ancillary equipment & jigs & fixtures into plastics (40% of the time)
Some requirements of the role:
- Installation & Commissioning both in-house and on customer sites.
- Assist in all aspects of executing projects from order placement through to completion – equipment specification, liaising with suppliers, managing machine retrofit, attend project meetings, customer hosting, acceptance testing
- Work individually or as part of a team.
- Be determined to get the job done and flexibility to adapt to changing requirements
- Flexible and resilient to an always changing role
- Provide support for Service and Sales Departments if required
- Provide technical support to customers, other employees, and suppliers
- Have excellent customer liaison skills
- Responsible to the Technical manager for overall performance
- The foundation knowledge of the candidate background ideally needs to be within the maintenance and/or installation of electric injection moulding machines.
- Knowledge of software & hardware as our products are a combination of both.
- Formal qualifications and experience in electrical and/or mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of installation, commissioning and programming of automation
- Experience & technical understanding of machines
- Demonstrate knowledge of engineering principles, practices and methods, environmental regulations, workplace safety and employee/contractor supervision
- Good problem analysis, resolution and documentation skills
- Drive to want to grow within the technical knowledge of machines
The successful applicant must endeavor to contribute towards the company methodology of working, demonstrating:
- Honesty and trustworthiness
- Demonstrate high quality work ethic
- Be punctual and respectful