As Project and Process Improvement Manager your purpose will be:
- To motivate the cross functional teams using specialist technical knowledge to ensure timely, compliant completion of planned and ad hoc technical production projects.
- To support Setting Team to solve problems and improve operational systems, processes & procedures.
- To facilitate change by ensuring the appropriate actions are managed in a safe and timely manner.
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- To lead and take responsibility on projects allocated to you by the Technical Manager.
- Apply suitable project management techniques to control progress and intervene as necessary to ensure all targets are met.
- Produce accurate and comprehensive project work documentation and ensure that current progress is recorded, monitored, managed and reported.
- To ensure projects are delivered on time.
- To facilitate the introduction of new processes as a result of any project work undertaken, and to monitor progress as a result of this.
- To assist in the on-going development /training of employees and trials when project work leads to new processes or skills being required.
- Investigate on request issues where a root cause cannot be easily identified
- Identify best practice within the business & highlight areas which could benefit from adopting a similar approach
- Devise work instructions and deliver relevant training arising from process improvement activities
- Research and introduce new process/measuring/analytical equipment as and when appropriate or requested.
- Provide assistance to Technical Department as appropriate.
Essential skills you will need to be considered for the role:
- Qualified to Degree or equivalent work experience in an engineering, science or packaging technology discipline.
- Ability to collate and summarise technical information and make decisions based upon data analysis.
- A deep understanding of moulding processes and relevant experience setting moulds up.
- A logical approach to analysing problems and running trials.
- Comprehensive understanding of engineering & product drawings.
- Highly driven, ensuring that the job is done well and recognising the importance of customer satisfaction in their work.
- Ability to build and develop internal relationships to achieve work objectives for the benefit of the company.
- Is an analytical thinker Has a logical and methodical approach to problem solving/fault finding issues.
- The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and at all levels within the Company and with customers
- Takes decisive action to address and react to opportunities and problems in day to day work
- Has a logical and methodical approach to problem solving/fault finding issues
- Ability to see the “bigger picture” and to recognise the needs of the role, and how this fits in with the needs of the business in general.
Desirable skills you will need to be considered for the role:
- Clear and proven competence of managing/influencing people.
- Understanding of LEAN manufacturing
- Ability to lead others in project work, as well as work independently
- Knowledge of process capability and statistical analysis
- Competent in the use of Excel and Word (ideally intermediate level)
- Confident in challenging existing practices and looking for continuous improvement in all areas of work
- Is able to work as part of a team to achieve team objectives
- Able to respond positively to changing work demands
- Is conscientious and thorough in all aspects of work responsibilities, and has a professional approach to work
- Persistent and not thrown off course by obstacles or difficulty
- An understanding of training processes and importance of effective training.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send a copy of your full CV or contact the following consultant:
- Josh Bryan – Consultant
- 07853 153 061 / 01905 947 400
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with one of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you:
- 01905 947 400 / willcoxmatthews.co.uk
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK