Production Technician –
The main purpose of the role is to carry out product/ tool changes, production start / stop and process fault finding and improvements to defined standards in order to meet the production plan.
Production Technicians must change the injection mould tools in accordance with the production plan and set the machines to the optimum processing conditions. The Production Technician must ensure that the machines are set to the required standard settings. They should always ensure that production standards relating to output, cost and quality are met
- Ensure the production plans are met on time and in full at the required cost and quality levels.
- Ensure both mould tools and moulding machines are maintained to the highest standards within the bounds of the Mould Technician responsibility.
- Ensure that product first and last offs are completed and meet both visual and dimensional specifications.
- Ensure all relevant data is captured and entered onto appropriate ‘electronic’ systems (e.g. scrap, production outputs, tooling problems, downtime, material reconciliation, quality etc)
- Ensure all agreed safe methods of working are followed at all times and report near misses or Big Six hazards in order to prevent potential accidents.
- Ensure that a production handover is completed at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Ensure that high levels of housekeeping are maintained within the factory areas, including cleaning of machines and clearing of unwanted materials.
- Work with training coordinator to ensure knowledge, training and development is passed onto relevant new starts or apprentices.
- Ensure all waste products are separated into their designated containers.
- Tool / product change-over times met in accordance with agreed standards.
- Participate in improvement activities such as SMED, Kaizen (continuous improvement) and 6S activities.
- Support Production Operators with packing, transport, quality and booking activities when time permits.
- Selection of machine for removal of outgoing tool and insertion of new mould tool
- Last of moulding checked and tooling / production data entered onto the appropriate system
- Set up moulding machine using relevant data sheets
- Obtain first off sample for dimensional and physical testing
- Machine put into operation and the operator informed of production so that packaging and labels can be sourced
- Document all relevant data
- Conduct ongoing quality checks for visual, dimensional and stress testing
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental standards for self and others.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK