Production Team Leader / Supervisor
- To build products to the correct specification and quality on time and in full without defects.
- Co-ordinate with Planning, Purchasing, Customer Service, and Transport on a continuous basis to link all resources together in the correct delivery of the production plan.
- Anticipate/identify problems occurring within your area and resolve these in an appropriate manner by assigning corrective actions to your team, and provide feedback to production management of any production or staffing issues that will affect impact on customer service or delivery dates.
- Constantly adjust production capacity to demand ensuring lead times are kept low whilst balancing the needs for extra labour or overtime are not excessive and unwarranted.
- To organise appropriate training for your team, such that cover is available for product mix fluctuations, sickness and holiday periods.
- To manage your team professionally and proactively to ensure they are aware of all procedures, processes and daily plans and free to seek assistance as required in a co-operative manner.
- To keep all work areas tidy, and free from debris, organised and free from danger, ensuring that all staff always comply with the health and safety and environmental regulations.
- Provide development opportunities to all staff to ensure they are trained and competent to carry out their assigned tasks, whilst maximising their overall job satisfaction and capability.
- To ensure you and your staff always act professionally and proactively in the company’s interest
- Manage your team’s timekeeping, absence, discipline and holiday allocation.
- Ability to manage people, develop staff and create a highly capable team
- An ability to work under pressure and to prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Good level of numeracy and literacy is required for this role
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
Qualifications and experience:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook and ERP production software
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations would be beneficial
- Forklift licence would be beneficial although full training will be provided
- Full UK Driving licence
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK