- Line manager of 15 to 25 operators who work in the same time frame (shift)
- Make sure QCD indicators reflect customer expectations
- Define, together with the supervisors of the other shifts and the UAP manager, QCDP targets for the GAPs (improvement versus actual situation): ppm, pph, TRS, absenteeism, number of accidents, improvement ideas…
- Monitor performance during the shift and report accurate data at the end of the shift.
- Manage resources to reach results: adapt headcount to volume, etc.
- React in case of a problem: take care of immediate containment, call support functions, build corrective action plans.
- Replace GAP leader when necessary.
- Drive actions for improvement:
- Know team problems, seek feedback
- Define area for performance improvements
- Drive teamwork and problem-solving activities, lead problem solving groups and workshops (5S, Hoshin, TPM, SMED, 6 Quality Basics.)
- Drive improvement ideas generation and implementation
- Ensure audits of standardized work are conducted by GAP leaders daily and ensure corrective actions are taking place.
- Audits once a week with each GAP Leader to the respect of standardized work
- Aims to devote 70% of his/her time to improvement actions.
People Management, Leading by example in terms of rigor and discipline
- Assure daily management
- Permanent presence on the Shop floor: daily contact with all team members, close management of the lines.
- Manage headcount: plan the day before, people allocation for the next day, plan also on a weekly basis.
- Coach GAP Leaders and team members in how to perform their role.
- Support and help to fix problems.
- Ensure discipline and rigor (work wear, break times, working hours…)
- Ensure the respect of safety instructions, policies and procedures.
- Development of the team
- Participate to selection and recruitment of staff.
- Ensure proper induction of new operators on the line.
- Build training plan to increase team autonomy; ensure training and coaching of team members.
- Manage annual performance interviews for all team members.
- Plan development of the people (validation and support from UAP manager and Human Resources Manager Validation of polyvalence and polycompetence.
- Ensure recognition upon individual performance: propose promotion and merit increase; take part of the decision process.
- Ensure proper flow of information to and from the team: top 5 with GAP Leaders, regular information meetings, rapid cascade of critical information and of messages from management.
Health, Safety and Environment and working conditions
- Ensure full respect of HSE rules and regulations.
- Responsible for immediate stopping of a line in case of safety risks.
- Lead HSE core teams and drive implementation to follow.
- Drive improvement of working conditions and ergonomics.
- Promote the organizations environmental strategies.
- Ensure all department objectives and targets are achieved.
- Ensure all colleagues have adequate training and awareness.
- Promote sustainable practices at all opportunities.
- Ensure transparent timely communication with UAP manager and internal customers.
- Arrive before start of shift to ensure transfer of all information from the supervisor of previous shift.
- Participate with supervisory colleagues to improvement of UAP performance.
- Participate to UAP Top 5 and report line performance, successes and issues as well as action initiated.
- During the pursuit of all duties of the Code of Ethics and the Code of Management will be always adhered to
- Supervisory experience, team leading
- Degree or equivalent
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK