Production Quality Engineer
- Assure compliance of the documented quality system (QS 9000/TS16949) and promote consistency throughout the organization.
- Monitor and revise quality documentation as required.
- Review all production methods for compliance to quality standards and for improvement of product and quality standards
- Maintain customer contact and relationship
- Lead and facilitate problem solving and the corrective action process for customer complaints and warranty, maintaining the complaint log
- Facilitate Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) with Engineering in conjunction with advanced quality-planning activities and monitor the status throughout production life
- Develop, implement, and maintain Statistical Process Control techniques
- Instruct and train personnel in techniques and use of audit and testing devices
- Visit customers and suppliers when necessary. Acts as a liaison to internal and external customers
- Manage the process audits of existing Bought-Out Parts (BOP) where the parts are the subject of a problem-solving action. Manage supplier’s action
- Consolidate required supplier quality indicators for the plant and communicate them to the QA Manager
- Initiate and validate corrective and preventive actions with the suppliers for immediate containment actions
- Support with NPI related activities and maintain required documentation
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a PQE in an industrial environment
- Results oriented with strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- International mind set, overseas experience a plus
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK