- The Production Manager will be required to control all resources and processes within the Injection Moulding and Extrusion areas in order to ensure that safety and production requirements (including quality and output) are met, while also ensuring that we operate within budgeted costs.
- In addition the Production Manager must organise the development of production personnel in order to increase their capability and competence, while nurturing an engaged team culture.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that daily and weekly production demand is met on time and in full at the lowest cost and at the required quality levels.
- Planning of labour requirements based on agreed production schedules and machine loadings.
- Ensure that the production team are briefed in and follow agreed Safe Systems of Work at all times and that near misses are reported in order to prevent potential incidents and accidents.
- Completion of manager incident investigations using Alcumus reporting.
- Co-ordinate and chair daily production meetings and ensure that effective shift handovers are completed by the teams at the beginning and end of each shift worked.
- Support and in some cases take ownership of key departmental improvement initiatives such as increased recycled material use.
- Ensure that the production teams maintain high levels of housekeeping within the two main production areas, enabling us to remain tour ready at all times.
- Provide monthly reports to the Manufacturing Director and Exec team relating to departmental performance, improvements and any significant exceptions highlights.
- Ensure that relevant KPI reports, such as OEE, are up to date and are used by the production teams to support improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Effective handling of personnel issues such as attendance, inductions, conflicts and disciplinary, training and overtime.
- Ensure that each member of the Extrusion and Moulding team have a personal development plan which is effectively monitored via the PDR process.
- Plan and co-ordinate effective work group meetings for each of the shift teams offering support at those meetings when required.
- Ensure that the production teams support and participate in all factory based continuous improvement projects, initiatives, and introduction of new processes.
- Qualified to Higher National Diploma (HND) or Diploma in Manufacturing Management (DMM) level.
- Experience in production / operational management with particular emphasis on their ability to manage medium to large teams.
- A natural ability to coach and influence in order to nurture an actively engaged culture.
- Good organisational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management, communication and organisational skills.
- Demonstrate the required ‘ideal team player’ virtues of Hungry, Humble & Smart