The role of the Production Manager is to co-ordinate the Setting and Maintenance of injection mould tools and ancillary equipment running within the factory in accordance with our manufacturing guidelines and standard operating procedures to meet planned outputs.
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager, you will need to fully understand the customer, stock and delivery requirements specific to the Factory. From this you will be required to plan production accordingly and set machine priority status.
- Monitor progress against the production plan through Daily production meetings and review factory performance measures.
- Generate and maintain daily and weekly efficiency reports specific to the factory ensuring that appropriate control measures are taken to meet performance targets.
- Oversee the on-going development of an effective site Preventative Maintenance program, including tooling, all site services, machinery and equipment, and ensure routines are adhered to.
- Ensure that all scrap generated within the Cell/Factory is recorded accurately. Generate weekly scrap records and put in place measures to actively control and reduce scrap.
- Communicate current cell/factory performance and targets thorough meetings and notice board displays.
- Ensure tools are cleaned and serviced as per the correct procedures and service intervals.
- Ensure that all staff working within the Factory adhere to the correct procedures and standards.
- Any other task deemed reasonable for the role.
- Required to complete suitable First Aid Training to perform First Aider responsibility.
Training may be given in the following areas:
- Polymer Processing and materials.
- 8D Problem solving.
- Previous Managerial experience
- Good personal skills and a flexible approach to management
- Extensive knowledge of injection moulding processes, tooling, techniques and implementation
- Experience of working in a similar high volume injection moulding environment.
- Good analytical and practical skills
- A logical and methodical approach to their duties
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK