Production Manager role description:
The role of the Production Manager is to co-ordinate the Setting and Maintenance of injection mould tools and ancillary equipment running within the factory in accordance with our manufacturing guidelines and standard operating procedures to meet planned outputs.
Key effective areas:
Environment / Health and Safety: leading by example, operate within and help maintain, monitor and drive forward Environmental / Health and Safety practices and ethos.
Production: Efficient Setting of Injection Moulds / Ancillary equipment in order to maintain Quality standards and to meet the agreed production plan. Monitoring factory performance in line with agreed Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets.
Maintenance: Develop and adhere to planned maintenance programme for Production Equipment, Buildings and services.
Continuous Improvement: Evaluate, plan and implement continuous improvement projects.
Quality: Ensure quality standards and procedures for all components manufactured within the factory are met, maintaining the Quality Accreditation required.
Administration: Ensure that site records and reports are accurately maintained and kept up to date
Management and organisation: Production Managers will be able to work with a high level of autonomy and will be responsible for the leadership and development of all technical staff.
– Responsibility for Process Technicians to include:
– Distribution of workload
– Performance Reviews
– Disciplinary Actions
– Return to Work Interviews
– Holiday/Absence Approval
– Training and Development
Communication: Ensure all factory staff clearly understands the overall factory objectives and day to day priorities.
Environment, Health and Safety:
- Leading by example establish a positive attitude towards all aspects of Health & Safety whereby the aim is to create a culture in which safety and environmental responsibility is a key priority.
- Perform a key role in the assessment, implementation, monitoring and training in relation to site Health and Safety policies, procedures and ethos.
- Ensure company Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered and improve working environment by effective risk reduction.
- Ensure that all relevant machine and ancillary equipment safety checks are carried out as per the schedule and that all faults are reported immediately. Ensure identified faults are rectified immediately or temporary safety measures are taken e.g. machines locked out
- Ensure good standard of housekeeping by maintaining a ‘Clean as you Go’ approach.
- Good understanding and implementation of safe systems of work and risk assessment
- Ensure that all employees and visitors to the site adhere to the factory rules, policies and standard operating procedures.
- Help to develop sustainability programs and practices which include material, energy and environmental resources to reduce the environmental impact arising from our business activities, products and services.
- Implement measures to support the business to achieve zero landfill. Ensuring all reasonable steps are carried out to prevent and reduce waste, and where unavoidable, maintain appropriate handling along with the correct disposal.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK