Key Responsibilities – Production Engineer:
- Manage the introduction of new equipment and processes.
- Support new product introduction as part of a cross-functional team, with emphasis on new equipment suitability, layout and optimisation.
- Ensure work is completed on time to the highest level at an acceptable cost.
- Drive internal 5S and C.I. activities to improve safety, efficiency and cost.
- Update and maintain factory layouts using Autocad or SolidWorks.
- Keep up to date with new technologies and techniques and promote best practice.
- Any reasonable duty or request to meet the demands of a flexible working environment.
Skills and/or experience:
- Experience in a high-volume production environment
- Knowledge of injection moulding processes is not essential but would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive, with a hands-on approach
- A structured approach to problem solving.
- Qualified to HNC/HND/Degree level with several years engineering experience.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK