- The purpose of the role is to take overall responsibility for the production of mouldshop and ducting.
- To facilitate, plan & coordinate Lean Initiatives & problem-solving activities to drive continuous improvements in, safety, quality, productivity, inventory and profit.
- To discuss and agree daily priorities with members of Support Departments (Purchasing, Materials, Despatch, and Quality) and work collectively to ship products to our internal and external customers by the required ship date.
- To develop the staff to work efficiently and effectively in a safe and repeatable manner to meet the daily shipment schedule.
- Coordinate department to achieve safety, quality, productivity, inventory and delivery targets, to include stocktake and Total Preventative Maintenance.
- Develop and manage the Team Leaders who will then coordinate all the activities and staff requirements for the dedicated processes within the mould shop and ducting department.
- Improve flow of materials and information, which decrease inventory and work in progress.
- Identify and resolve quality issues using root cause analysis and employee engagement techniques.
- Drive and prioritise the activities to drive continuous improvements
- Ensure that all employees are actively involved in PDCA continuous improvement activities as part of their daily work performance.
- Drive implementation and standardisation of lean fundamentals (5S & Safety, visual management, standard work set up, TPM & Quick set-up).
- Work with the team to produce current & future state value stream maps every 90 days and to recommend, develop and drive action plans to implement the future state, which will ultimately reduce internal lead-times.
- Ensure improvement activities are focussed on the priority areas determined by Productivity, Value Stream Mapping and/or Factory Layouts to drive site improvements in the five key measures. (Health & safety, quality, productivity, customer service & inventory).
- Assist with all New Product Integration.
- Ensure all staff are properly trained to the standard operating procedures and are competent to perform their duties to both quality and time standards. To ensure deputies are also in place and are adequately trained and aware of the priorities.
- Implement, sustain and audit standard work for the value steam and the managers/ team leaders.
- To coordinate and manage lean initiatives which will have a positive impact on product quality, customer delivery, customer overdue, staff productivity, staff safety and work place environment.
- Record and track holidays, absence issues, and other disciplinary issues that are not in compliance with company policy or procedures and where required discuss with Team Leaders and staff corrective actions.
- Assist in the recruitment and training of new staff to meet the necessary customer demand schedule.
- Understand business strategy to support the delivery of the operations business plan
- Utilize lean tools to support continuous improvement in what we do and how we do it
- Assist with the development of the production cell with a focus on productivity
- Facilitate and improve employee engagement, appraisal and development to improve engagement levels
- Define the specification and approval of plant equipment service contracts
- Conducts annual appraisal for team leader positions
- Generation of annual metrics to drive continuous improvement ideas and opportunities
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK