- Oversight for Injection moulding process start-up, process monitoring during running and shutdown in a safe manner to achieve production targets for a quality product (customer volume, yield, scrap and material cost).
- Take ownership for process escalations for injection moulding to ensure action is taken to troubleshoot & resolve issues in a timely manner using systematic approach to ‘root cause’ problem solving.
- Ensure tool set-up & changeover activities are optimised to meet production targets.
- Support process engineer in the development of new processes set up, Proof of concept & validation runs for existing and new production & prototype tools.
- Ensure completion and accuracy of required documentation in the manufacturing area from all operation team supporting injection moulding.
- Support continuous improvement projects using ‘Decoupled’ process & lean tools to optimise injection moulding performance and improve reliability.
- Ensure personnel are distributed as per planning from Team Leader / Shift Manager.
- Ownership for updating the visual area board, shift handover meeting and operational workbook- assuming responsibilities of Team Leader / Shift Manager when necessary.
- Work with quality personnel to rectify any issues promptly.
- Comply with the EHS & cGMP policies and procedures, leading safety audits, 5S & cGMP activities online.
- Where appropriate support the development of documentation, training and work instruction activities within injection moulding. Support cross training of personnel across Injection moulding programmes site wide. Ensure skills & knowledge gained through the company Process training are applied consistently.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent, 3rd level NCEA Level 6 (Mechanical / plastics engineering) or equivalent preferable.
- 5 Years + experience of injection moulding, preferably with high volume automation desirable.
- Experience of mould set up and working with a wide variety of plastics and mould types.
- Additional specialist industry standard ‘process technician training’ desirable.
- Excellent IT, Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Capable of running injection moulding equipment & completion of accurate documentation.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Good mechanical & process aptitude
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK