Responsibilities and objectives:
- Following procedures regarding tool change start up, shut down.
- Ensure tools are running to standards and meeting efficiency targets.
- Preventive maintenance of tools and related equipment as required.
- Shift handover to incoming process technician.
- Scrap reduction, cycle efficiencies and submission of start-up and process change sheets.
- Following procedures regarding line clearance when work orders complete.
- Detailed reporting of any equipment breakdown.
- Assist other technical departments when required.
- Monitoring quality of production during production run.
- Code of practice checks, housekeeping, 5’s, SMED.
- Health and Safety.
- Following work instructions regarding the manufacture of product.
- Efficient operation of moulding machines and assembly ensuring acceptable quality of parts.
- Recording scrap accurately and informing Leads of any issues.
- Any reasonable duty or request to meet the demands of a flexible working environment.
Skills and/or experience:
- Excellent knowledge of injection moulding process, related materials and equipment and of product produced.
- Good communication
- Good attitude.
- Slinging and lifting training a must
- Robot knowledge
- Problem-solving skills
Relevant Job Titles:
Injection Moulding Setter, Injection Moulding Technician, Senior Setter, Senior Mould Technician, Tool Hanger, Setter Supervisor, Injection Moulding Process Setter