Print Services Technician
The basic function for this role is having a skill base that allows the Operator to maintain the condition of the Anilox rollers such that they can be used as required in the Print presses and to always maintain a supply of clean trays for each of the print presses. To apply the principles of 6S across the workplace so that the Anilox cleaning area and equipment & the Rensmann cleaning facility are always maintained in a safe and hygienic condition. The Operator will also be required to support the pre-press function by stripping plates safely from their sleeves and cleaning the plates using the plate cleaner, checking the cleaned plates and reporting issues or relocating the cleaned plates into the correct stock location.
Anilox cleaning / Rensmann
- Operation of the ultrasonic cleaning system, measure and record all measurements using the Anicam measuring devise and apply new reading onto the Aniloxes.
- Operation of the Rensmann wash tank and cleaning all press ancillary items to the desired standard. Safe storage of dirty and clean trays in their defined locations.
Plate stripping and cleaning
- To be able to remove a plate from a printing sleeve without stretching or ripping the plates, recording any damaged or unfit plates into the correct data base for identification purposes.
- The operation of the Polymount plate cleaner, plate inspection and recording data on any damaged / fit for purpose / missing plates and returning all plates into correct file locations.
- Lead by example, ensuring a safe, hygienic and efficient workplace is maintained at all times
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate manufacturing equipment safely and to understand and comply with Safe Operating Procedures.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise work.
- Basic computer skills.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK