We are looking for an exceptional Principal Mechatronics Engineer to join our Architecture Team. Reporting to our Chief Engineer you will be delivering safe, reliable, and scalable medical robotics solutions. Globally approving, standardising, and optimising technical solutions, with a focus on arm, instruments, and control systems architecture.
You will be a module owner for mechanical and control modules throughout the product life cycle, challenging the organisation by bringing in state-of-the-art technology, development, and governance methods. This role will provide new thinking to push technology into an enabler for future medical robotics business opportunities and delivering solutions in the medical device area, working with certifications and regulatory processes in all global markets.
- Manage complex mechatronic systems that are supporting a multibillion-dollar business
- Global approval of technical solutions for a team of 25-100 engineers
- Governance & optimisation of modules with senior managers in a cross-functional team responsible for balancing requirements
- Standardisation & optimisation of technical solutions
- Provide technical documentation, related to mechatronics systems and modules, to fulfil regulatory requirements
- Support the business in preparing strategic plan and projects
- Mentoring and coaching of engineers to secure knowledge transfer
To be successful in this role, you will be required to have:
- A MSc/PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience: 12+ years product development, 5+ years in technology, project, and/or line management.
- International experience: +5 years in a global role and/or international assignment.
- High level of expertise in robotics technology as well as a deep understanding of the complete robot lifecycle.
- Capacity to understand advanced technologies, concepts and ideas and ability to integrate them into a future industrial robotics context
- Understanding of Modularity product platforms with a holistic & cross-functional perspective of product development
- Excellent communication skills and Multicultural experience
- Willingness to travel
- English – fluent (other languages are a plus)
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK