- Developing the technology strategy for Product Support – selecting the right technologies and developing the long-term roadmap for the ‘service products’ that will ensure our customers and field service engineers
- Guiding the development of smart condition monitoring algorithms that will analyse vast volumes of telemetry produced
- Technical review and sign off for all software and hardware development within Product Support
- Technical mentoring of software and hardware engineers within Product Support
- As part of the R&D team within the Customer Success Function, working closely with the Technology Function as well as colleagues in Product Marketing, to ensure development activities are aligned cross-functionally.
- Ensuring that the teams responsible for remote support of field service engineers have robust technical processes for analysing field failures and providing clear, technically accurate responses.
You are expected to be:
- An experienced product developer with a deep understanding of medical, aerospace, or other similarly complex product development
- Broadly skilled across software, electronics and mechanics, and expert in at least one of these areas
- Driven to uphold the highest standards of rigorous, data-driven analysis and decision making
- Able to understand the operation of highly complex electromechanical systems such as Versius and contribute the design of the equally complex software and hardware systems that support its operation in the field.
It would also be preferable to have at least some of the following areas:
- Signal processing, control systems, analysis of dynamic systems
- Cloud software architecture
- Python and C.
- Electromechanical design to common safety standards (e.g. ISO 60601, 61010, 62368 etc)
- Providing through-life and mission-critical support for complex devices, possibly in the medical field
- Technical leadership
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK