Brief Role Description:
We are supporting our client who are a successful manufacturer of Safety Critical Components, in their search for a PCB Layout Engineer to join their expanding team.
Working within a diverse multi-disciplinary team the role includes:
- Layout of highly integrated PCBs and working with other teams to ensure layouts are optimised for performance, EMC and manufacture
- Layout of power, analogue and high-speed digital circuits
- Working with mechanical engineers to review mechanical constraints and PCB outlines
- Creating new component symbols and footprints and helping with library management
- Corresponding with third parties on manufacturing issues
- Updating designs to improve manufacturability and testability
Ideally you will have the following skills and experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience in layout of multi-layer PCBs
- Proficient user skills with one or more modern PCB CAD tools, including good working knowledge of using Altium Designer
- Knowledge and experience of design for manufacture and test
- Designing to IPC standards
- Design review experience for schematics and layouts
- Knowledge of some or all of the following would also be advantageous: BGA escapement, DDR routing, flex / flexi-rigid, blind and buried vias, HDI
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK