Operations Manager – The Role:
Key Effectiveness Areas:
- Environment / Health and Safety: leading by example, operate within and help maintain, monitor and drive forward Environmental / Health and Safety practices and ethos.
- Active involvement in establishing the sites budget. Monitor the sites performance in line with the budget and agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) targets.
- Develop and implement a planned maintenance programme for Production Equipment, Buildings and Services.
- Monitor and Identify Training needs for personnel throughout the site through regular training reviews and appraisals
- In conjunction with the Business Improvement Manager develop and manage continuous improvement projects within the site.
- Ensure quality standards and procedures for all components manufactured within the factory are met and working closely with the Quality Manager maintain the site Quality Accreditation.
- Ensure site staff clearly understand the overall site objectives and performance through Monthly Factory Meetings & Reviews.
- A degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline
- Leadership and development of staff in key positions
- Good personal skills and a flexible approach to management
- Experience of working in high volume injection moulding / assembly environment
- A logical and methodical approach with good analytical and practical skills
- IOSH or equivalent Managing Safely
- You would need to have extensive knowledge of injection moulding processes, tooling, and industrialisation to lead and develop Production Managers and Technical Teams.
- Managerial experience along with good interpersonal skills, a flexible approach to management having previously worked in a high-volume injection moulding / assembly environment.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK