Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer
- To work with Engineering Manager & Engineering Team Leader, to prioritise and identify workload at all times, to meet production requirements for project work and breakdowns.
- To co-ordinate repairs to maximise machine availability and services in all areas
- Advise on best technical solutions to drive down onsite costs
- Ensure you apply a programme of continuous improvement (eg. 6S) in all activities and all areas of the business
- Work with relevant persons to ensure knowledge, training and development is passed onto current Engineers, Engineering new starts and apprentices.
- Ensure self and others adhere to all elements of Health & Safety and Environmental procedures
- Problem solving and diagnostic skills for breakdowns and planned work in all areas
- Assist with planning and co-ordination relating to drawings, parts ordering, and cross functional working
- Maintain specialist knowledge in some or all of the following:
Health & Safety / Hydraulics / Electronics / Pneumatics / Electrical Fabrication / General Engineering / Welding Machining / Lubrication / Filtration
- Use of company computer systems (IFS) for logging data with regards to spares, breakdowns, planned work and inputting for generation of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Project Management
- Able to coach and develop apprentices
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK