Multi Skilled Operative
- To operate production lines safely following SOPs and SPLs. Undertake whatever duties are necessary to ensure the lines on your shift run to both capacity and within the quality and waste standards required by the Company.
- Follow works instructions carefully and carry out the relevant QA checks and record the information to the standards required by the Company.
- Take part in 6S activities as required and ensure that your working area is always clean and safe.
- Carry out risk assessments and inform your Team Leader of any new activity that needs to be performed within your area.
- Always report any faulty equipment to your Team Leader and Engineering.
- Be prepared to work in any part of the production facility providing the relevant training has been provided.
- Assist the Team Leader by looking forward throughout the shift to effectively plan production in the Team and provide support as and where necessary.
- Support development of new operators through their own training and to participate actively in training programs as and when required.
- Be prepared to move between primary machines / areas during the shift and support running through breaks and ensure an efficient handover at shift change.
- Record all downtime and waste accurately.
- Ensure adequate supplies of raw materials are available for the following shift.
- Be constantly vigilant to process or quality faults and ensure a thorough examination of the material is carried out at the end of each reel. In addition, support line management in undertaking appropriate remedial action to correct the faults.
- Assist in the delivery of agreed company training plans in areas required to develop you to agreed standards.
- To Safely and efficiently operate different machines providing optimum quality and throughput
- To supply the required inks at the correct viscosity to the printer.
- To load and unload reels from machines in a safe manner.
- To maintain high standards of work at all times
- To control hazards
- To take ownership and responsibility for the product
- To work to correct specification
- To ensure all necessary administration work is complete as per the instructions
- To adhere to all health and safety requirements
- To maintain all housekeeping duties within the production area
- Checking work instructions to ensure all parameters are correct
- Using the works order to check availability for all materials and equipment required for the job
- Completing the QC sheet to record all relevant information
- Collecting production samples
- Setting film on the machine according to the instructions provided
- Running the machine to the required specifications
- Minimum requirement is GCSE level of education or higher
- Some specific technical qualifications may be required if role to be based entirely in the lamination area of Finishing.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to learn new skills across a variety of machines and in different areas
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- An effective team player
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize
- Proactive and flexible approach
- 6 x life cover
- Sick pay after completion of probationary period
- Pension – company contribution up to 8% to match employee pension contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Rewards off vouchers Food shopping, electrical etc
- Reward platform with additional rewards to include hight street names
- Gym membership discounts
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK