Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Supply a rapid response service to all electrical and mechanical breakdown to production equipment or key building services such as compressed air, chilled water systems, Moulding machines, Heading and Rolling machines and automated secondary operation including experience in working with robotics. A basic PLC programming knowledge enabling you to easily fault find on automated production equipment is essential (Mitsubishi PLC programming Experience Preferred). This will include supplying a call out service on a rotating
- Carry out Preventative Maintenance (PM) on all production equipment and Building Service to minimize the need to reactive maintenance to help maintain continues running of production lines
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering teams to implement new equipment or continues improvement (CI) activities to help improve safety or production yield. This will include Electrical, Mechanical and program modifications
- Work with the Building Services Manager to coordinate outside contractors for specialized maintenance activates on Manufacturing Equipment or Building Services
- Competent in the selection & Installation of Electrical systems as required for production equipment installation, making sure that you are complying with the latest version on the IEE wiring regulations and the electricity at work regulations 1989.
- Committed to completion of all annual departmental and personal development goals as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor
- Keep detailed and up to date recorded of all activates carried out within the department on the Database. This will include detailed job descriptions, Updating the Asset register, Updating PM activates, Logging hours worked, Setting job status fields & Maintaining the stock management system (Ordering and Booking in Spare Parts)
- Maintain a 5S system in the Workshop and Stores
- Trained to the IEE Wiring Regulations (Latest Revision) / 17th / 18th edition
- Full driving license
- Forklift truck license, High Level Access Equipment (IPAF powered Access License)
- Sufficient mechanical/technical education and/or work experience to fully understand manufacturing methods and procedures.
- Experience in the operation of milling machines, lathes, grinders, band saws, drills, hand tools etc.
- Desirable – C&G or equivalent experience in Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot electromechanical assembly equipment and control systems. Knowledge of PLC programming in basic and ladder logic.
- Basic PC skills including Windows and common office applications.
- Must have a basic Knowledge of Pneumatics & Hydraulics
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK