Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Responsible for supporting all engineering breakdowns, diagnosing faults as soon as possible and replacement of machine parts
- Rectifying all hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical issues.
- Enhancing, repairing and maintaining all the Plant, Equipment and Services within the manufacturing facility as per the preventative maintenance schedule and updating the maintenance log
- Assist the installation and commission of new machinery and equipment with the support of specialist Tool Room Engineers
- Involvement with improvement projects during planned downtime and identifying engineering solutions to maximise efficiency of the plant
- To maintain a relationship with appropriate plant and services contractors/ suppliers and arrange for such suppliers to undertake the engineering works that are required through breakdowns, maintenance and project/ enhancement work.
- To organise and maintain the technical database.
- Order spares / consumables required to support the engineering activities that will be undertaken in house or by a contracted company.
- Work closely with Production, Tool Change and Tool Room teams to effectively achieve the required engineering outcome.
- Operate within key Engineering and Health & Safety codes.
- Any other tasks as requested by Management.
- Proven experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations
- Level 3 NVQ or equivalent in Electrical or Multi Skilled Engineering
- GCSE grade C or above or equivalent Maths & English
- Proven working knowledge of plant maintenance and repair including: hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, electronic and mechanical systems
- Able to read and understand electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-growing business and meet tight deadlines
- Understanding of health & safety processes and safe methods of working
- Displays safe and considerate working practices
- Having excellent time keeping and attendance.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow instructions meeting personal and team objectives.
- Showing a positive professional attitude to everyday challenges.
- Actively looking for opportunity to make improvements.
- Willingly identifying and engaging with continuous improvement initiatives.
- PPM / TPM systems
- Competent with IT
- Competent communications at all levels of the business
- Comply with safety and housekeeping rules at all times to maintain safe and tidy working area.
- Talk to colleagues in a professional manner.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK