Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
- To ensure that all equipment on site is in a safe condition and complies with current Health & Safety Legislation.
- To respond to machine faults across site, as directed by the Engineering Management and or Cell Manager
- To complete Planned Preventative Maintenance as directed by Engineering Management
- To complete breakdown and maintenance records for all work undertaken on site
- To interact with onsite Engineering stores personnel, to include but not be restricted to, booking parts out of stores, assisting in sourcing alternative parts where the original is not available, returning unused parts to stores
- To take part in meetings, supervision, training as requested
- To undertake other duties commensurate to the grade of the post
Strategic Input and Business Improvement
- Demonstrate an active engagement with constantly looking for ways to improve the process to drive commercial benefit.
Relationship Management (Internal and External)
- Establish key working relationships with colleagues at all levels of the business to include contractors and third parties.
Demonstrate Technical Knowledge
- Have solid engineering fault finding and maintenance background
- Understand the needs of the businesses to comply with legislative compliance
- Willingness to learn new skills and be adaptable
- Report all on going Engineering issues in keeping within company procedure.
- Have an interest and understanding of engineering principles.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Have strong organisational, grammar and communication skills at all levels.
- Be able to work in a confidential manner.
- Be detailed, thorough, and accurate.
- Be able to prioritise and manage your own workload and tasks.
- Be pleasant, professional and proficient.
- Organised and calm under pressure.
- Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player.
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic – demonstrates “can do” attitude.
Qualifications and Experience
- Apprentice, ONC or equivalent Multiskilled Engineering qualification
- IOSH Managing Safely an advantage
- Experience of engineering systems to include planned preventative maintenance
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK