Multi Skilled Engineer
- Work in a safe manner at all times in accordance with Company Health and Safety expectations.
- Repair machine breakdowns and to get machines back into production in a timely manner.
- Identify areas of improvement using own initiative to implement ideas and solutions.
- Review the general condition of plant equipment and inform the relevant Responsible Manager of possible problems where applicable.
- Execute Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) as per the agreed schedule.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure the equipment and plant are operating safely and able to perform to the expected production requirements.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Assist the engineering team with meeting deadlines.
- Assist the extrusion team if requested by the Shift Manager.
- Maintain a constant level of communication with the Engineering Manager and Shift Managers.
- Continuously develop own skill and knowledge of machinery.
- Identify areas of personal and professional development and ensure skill and knowledge are refreshed and developed continuously with support from the Engineering Manager.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards other colleagues, departments and the Company and set an example to all.
- Undertake general housekeeping duties in line with 5S.
- Provide call out and holiday cover when rostered.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as requested by Management.
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience of working to a 24/7 shift pattern
- HNC in Electrical and/or mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
- Team working
- Proactive and solution focused
- Ability to prioritise duties while maintaining flexibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Results focused
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK