- To provide trouble-shooting and technical support for the shift.
- To liaise with the Team Leader & production planning team to organise tool changes most effectively.
- To lead setters and ensure they are managed and trained & follow company standards.
- To review machine settings during the shift.
- To action production problems during the shift using approved methods
- To lead & play an active part in scrap reduction & cycle time improvement activities
- To Manage 6S condition of IMM and associated ancillary equipment.
- To have an awareness of health and safety standards and ensure they are maintained at all times by all employees.
- To attend Technician’s meetings on a regular basis, with the Technical group coordinator to discuss problems and improvements.
- To communicate by written and verbal means using the Company communication channels to ensure the understanding of colleagues and management, including shift change over requirements.
- To have an active involvement in improvement activities to support the achievement of departmental and company objectives. Scrap reduction, data collection & analysis, cycle time improvement.
- To ensure setters and tool mount operators are managed and trained to company standards
- To actively take part in tool changes to make sure they meet company standards and times
- To use lean techniques to improve tool change times and other setter activities.
- To manage and support the setters and carry out performance appraisals linked to training and development requirements.
- Knowledge of the properties and processing behaviour of polymer materials
- Basic knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Familiar with analytical/diagnostic tools, SPC, FMEA, SMED, PPS. 5 WHY, Risk assessment, change point control, an appreciation of Micro soft office
- Completion of BPTA courses up to NVQ level 3 in injection moulding. ONC in plastics or other engineering qualifications would be preferable.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK