- Maintain a safe, healthy, clean and tidy environment for yourself and others
- To conform to culture and employee practice Plastic injection moulding tool setting/tool changes to conform with safe working practices and procedures
- Modify processes, where necessary, in order to achieve maximum production rates and quality standards
- Complete training when required.
- To work with the companies continuous improvement to deliver on-going productivity to moulding processes across the group.
- Lead lean improvements initiatives to improve product quality and process efficiency. This will include leading and implementing 6s, TPM, Kaizen, and other initiatives.
- Work closely with the Production Managers and the Group Moulding Technician to implement process improvements to injection moulding, waste elimination and improving product flow
- Support other moulding facilities within the group, to problem solve s and general setting support as required.
- Work closely with the QA department to eliminate process variability and introduce effective in process checks and statistical process controls for critical features
- Perform any other reasonable tasks or requests required by the business
- Develop robotics, automate processes, delivering efficiencies and cost savings.
- Train and monitor apprentice or trainee setters providing on-going development support needs
- Relevant time served apprenticeship
- Plastics/Setting or relevant qualification
- Considerable experience on injection moulding/tool-setting experience with a recognised company.
- Plastics raw material knowledge
- Work unsupervised
- Technically and mechanically minded
- Good communication skills
- Full UK Driving License
- Self motivated
- Able work within a team
- Flexible attitude
- Results driven
- Quality focus
- Plastics/Moulding Degree.
- High Performance Moulding
- Mould machine maintenance
- Previous toolmaking experience
- Active Listening
- Customer focus
- Developing others
- Commercial awareness
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK