Moulding Simulation Engineer
Overview of Skills Required:
Provide a significant contribution to new and current projects in a role focussed in the areas of injection moulding simulation and plastic design for manufacture studies.
The position will involve solving technical problems using a combination of CAD, and mathematical modelling, via Moldex3D
Type of Work
- The role will be to support customers with their technical challenges using simulation to improve design concepts and make them manufacturable on a mass volume scale.
- The candidate will be exposed to the whole manufacturing process providing an excellent platform to gain additional skills.
- The company is regarded as industry-leading and best in class. They provide their customers with value for money and consultancy at the highest possible technical level.
Over time and with guidance the candidate will lead their own projects and be customer-facing, many customers are multinational and the candidate will be expected to travel at some point to attend and lead technical meetings representing the company.
The candidates strong creative, mathematical and experimental skills should allow them to make a significant contribution to development projects and to participate in consultancy. They will be expected to take responsibility for their technical work. The candidate will also need to consume new information and learn new skills very quickly in a fast-growing consultancy business.
The specific responsibilities are likely to include:
- Provide best in class moulding simulation, training will be provided in Moldex3D if the candidate already has sufficient knowledge in injection moulding and have a strong polymer science background
- Writing technical reports and producing high-quality design documentation
- Presenting findings to internal and external clients
- Using the output from analytical work, design solutions and advise other engineers and designers both internal and external
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK