Moulding Setter & Technician
- Fully understanding the manufacturing plans and being able to action those plans accordingly ensuring machines are set up to specification.
- Plans and carries out regular schedule of maintenance, troubleshooting any mechanical problems and applying technical fixes to minimise machine downtime.
- To ensure that mould tools are safely installed and machines are properly set, so that the products being manufactured are in accordance to the Specification Sheet and control sample.
- Ensuring the correct materials and stocks are used by operators in the manufacturing process.
- Ensure all operators are aware of and follow H & S procedures.
- Ensure that workspaces and tools are maintained and stores/ used in correct manager and any maintenance activity required is carried out leaving workspaces in clean and tidy condition.
- Monitor the quality of products produced against customer specification sheets and apply and remedial actions to any substandard products / production techniques.
- Ensuring all manufacturing documentation, machine operation and labelling is correct and suitable for its purpose and act as specialist support to train operators in association with Team Leaders.
- Encourage and drive efficient and effective working practices within the department.
- Support queries and questions in regard to material or product issues and obtain support from the necessary personnel to help resolve in a timely fashion.
- Communicate daily with the Mouldings Manager on any significant technical issues and report any issues which may impact production targets/ schedules.
- Support operators in all manufacturing processes to achieve best performance and best manufacturing practices.
- Professional qualification in Injection Moulding and Automated systems
- Good understanding of general manufacturing practices and procedures
- Good organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Wide range of technical knowledge on the operation of injection moulding machines in a manufacturing environment combined with practical experience
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK