Relevant Job Titles:
Senior Process Technician, Process Technician, Setter Supervisor, Moulding Engineer, Process Engineer, Senior Moulding Technician, Mould Tech, Setter
Responsible for supporting a small team of tool setters and SMED Technician to improve and optimise the setting programmes within the moulding process ensure capability for new processes and tooling are in line with feasibility specifications.
- Facilitate change while solving problems and improving operational systems, processes & procedures to ensure all targets are met.
- Undertaking trial work, managing NPI Projects, with an aim to achieve time and budget expectations, whilst providing robust Settings for use in production.
- Providing leadership for the setters and through problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Optimise production processes to gain cost reductions and improve product-manufacturing performance through continuous improvement projects, data analysis and procedural changes.
- In conjunction with Tool Room & Planning will ensure workflow distribution to the relevant skilled staff, including the ordering of raw materials, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules and resolving problems as and when they arise.
- All employees are required to maintain safe working practices by adhering to the Health and Safety policies of the company in place at any given time.
- The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
- Such variations are a common occurrence and do not in themselves justify the re-evaluation of the post.
- Recognized Injection Moulding accreditation IE-BPTA/PTIC.
- Overhead Crane Licence.
- IT literate.
- Programming of axis robot trained.
- Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing accreditation.
- SMED trained.
- Be experienced in troubleshooting and process optimisation.
- Broad knowledge and technical understanding of all aspects of plastic injection moulding tooling and polymers.
- Have experience with NPI / Tool Trialling.
- 10 years’ experience in an injection moulding process development role working within a fast-paced FM environment.
- Experience working with EBM and IBM tooling and processes.
Key skills and competencies:
- Excellent organisational skills to ensure multiple tasks are prioritised and delivered to agreed objectives.
- Excellent problem-solving skills are essential with the ability to assess and analyse situations and make effective decisions in a timely manner.
- Possess the ability to organise and plan multiple tasks simultaneously, think clearly and logically under pressure and be a respected team member.
- Previous experience leading small teams.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK