- Providing technical leadership on assigned projects from within the organisation.
- Developing project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management and creating feasibility studies (return on investment etc.).
- Assesses production costs and other vital data pertaining to the project, ensuring that the project runs efficiently and on schedule.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, planning and scheduling changes and recommending actions.
- Ensures appropriate handover packages are compiled, generated, and transferred into manufacturing to ensure smooth handover and compliance in production.
- Has a proactive hands-on approach to solving product quality and tooling related problems.
- Moulding process set-up and optimisation skills are desirable.
- Develops and improves production-related processes (internal and external) to improve the efficiency and quality to meet safety, quality, cost, delivery & environmental targets.
- Conducts process evaluations in accordance with internal procedures and external regulatory requirements.
- Identifies production/process strengths, weaknesses, technological opportunities, and threats.
- Plays a key role in continuous improvement projects, influencing and monitoring any specific key objectives
- Compiles own individual schedules to meet specific output and delivery targets.
- Justifies and instigates changes to product, part or equipment.
- Has an understanding of bespoke downstream automation, i.e. inline inspection and assembly processes.
- Must be a pro-active individual with a drive to succeed and achieve results. Can demonstrate initiative and is a self-starter who can focus on “the bigger picture”.
- Must be a strong team player and a good communicator with the ability to build effective relationships. Must also be flexible and adaptable to meet the requirements of the business.
- Must have knowledge of technical drawings, as well as good project and time management skills. Must have strength in problem-solving, fault finding and investigation.
- Educated to HND/Degree level (in an engineering/technical discipline) or equivalent is essential
- At least 5 years proven ability within a technical/engineering role, preferably within moulding.
- A working knowledge of the design of experiments is ideal with statistical process control experience.
- Ideal but not essential are formal relevant qualifications (plastics processing and/or materials technology) with a demonstrable track record of completing formal training in plastics processing (BPTA, G&A or equivalent).
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK