Job Start Date: ASAP
Commutable From: Wakefield, Huddersfield, Leeds, Castleford, Harrogate
Benefits: Pension, Healthcare, Critical illness cover
We are supporting our client who are a successful plastics manufacturer, in their search for a Toolmaker. The overall responsibility of the Toolmaker will be to repair, service and maintain injection mould tooling utilising bench tools.
Relevant Job Titles:
Toolmaker, Tooling Technician, Mechanical Fitter, Tooling Engineer, Tool and Die Maker
Our client, an injection moulding company are currently looking for an experienced Toolmaker with proven experience of servicing, repair & maintenance of injection mould tools. You must have experience as a Toolmaker / Tooling Technician within a manufacturing / engineering facility. The ideal candidate will have a strong mechanical aptitude and the desire to learn and develop on their skills as this position can offer growth, stability and security. You must be an experienced Toolmaker/Tooling Professional having worked within the injection moulding tooling environment and it is essential that you have experience in the repair modification and maintenance of existing tooling with strong bench tool skills including lathing, surface grinding, turning etc. The Toolmaker will work within a successful company on a day role, in a rewarding & secure position, and join a harmonious team in enjoying a thriving, professional & busy environment.
- Experience in Injection Moulding
- Considerable experience as a Tool Maker / Tooling Engineer
- Previous experience on injection machines
- The applicant ideally would have experience in a manufacturing environment and have the ability to work in a high pressure site.
- Maintain tools, including preventive maintenance, in preparation for Production to meet the requirements of the Production Plan. Including Tooling strip down and diagnosis for repair and Tooling improvements.
- Assist all Production personnel in diagnosing of tooling/production issues.
- Advise on new tooling projects to highlight potential design weaknesses.
- Assist in ensuring adequate stock levels for tooling and consumables are maintained.
- Demonstrate ability to advise on the repair and modification of tooling and assist in implementing solutions.
- Highlight to management when routine servicing/repairs are outside of the scope of the Company.
- Routinely manage your workload using the Quality Management System (Q-Pulse) and ensure actions are completed within the required timescales.
- Demonstrate ability to work unsupervised.
- Demonstrate ability to make decisions based on data.
- Use internal software as appropriate to facilitate this role including Q-Pulse, Mattec, Microsoft. This list is non-exhaustive.
- Maintain a high standard of record keeping in accordance with the Company Management Systems.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping at all times including 5S
- Work with your departmental manager and team members to identify, implement and drive actions for continuous improvement.
- Polishing of moulds to quality acceptable levels.
- Fabrication of fixtures and spare parts for tooling.
If you would like to apply for the role, simply click the ‘apply now’ button to upload your CV and contact information or contact the assigned consultant for this job vacancy.
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
“Willcox Matthews Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Willcox Matthews Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.