Job Reference: WM – 1030
Job Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000 – £33,000
Benefits: Please ask for details
Brief role description:
We are supporting our client in their search for a Mould Toolmaker, who will be responsible for maintaining, servicing and repair of injection mould tools.
Relevant Job Titles:
Toolmaker, Tooling Technician, Mechanical Fitter, Tooling Engineer,
Reporting to the Tool Room Manager, this role will be required to work a day’s based role (Monday – Friday) within a precision technical injection moulding environment. The Mould Toolmaker will be working hands-on, supporting a small team involved in manufacturer, maintenance and servicing of mould tools.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting the maintenance, repair and modification of injection mould tools, enabling production to meet customer demands and targets.
- To be a member of cost reduction tooling and process teams, efficiency improvements and to improve quality and accuracy both for tools and moulded components.
- Carry out repairs on existing tools as well as modifying injection moulding tools as required by business or customer request.
- To ensure that the repair and maintenance of injection mould production tools is carried out in line with production requirement in the allocated time frame.
- To test and confirm the electrical operation of tools before return to production.
- To record all relevant data pertaining to tooling and record onto the Tool Room database.
- To be proactive in making tooling modifications to improve scrap cycle time and tool reliability.
- To ensure that housekeeping within the area is maintained in a satisfactory condition.
- To ensure a safe working environment exists for self and colleagues in line with the Company Health & Safety processes and procedures.
- Any other duties as requested by management.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience in an injection moulding environment
- Accuracy, efficiency, adaptability and attention to detail.
- Proven experience in setting and operating tool making machines (CNC, lathes, mills, grinders, spark eroder).
- Proven experience in machining precision parts in line with engineering drawings.
- Computer literate with ability use Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Competent reach truck driver, or able to be trained
- TIG welding skills and certification
- Demonstrate excellent bench ‘hand skills’ i.e. filing and forming
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions. If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Willcox Matthews Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Willcox Matthews Ltd will require proof of identification.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK