Job Start Date: ASAP
Commutable From: Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield, Halifax, Wakefield
Benefits: To be discussed at interview
Willcox Matthews are supporting our client, an injection moulding plastics manufacturer, in their search for a Moulding Technician Team Leader, to join their expanding team.
The successful candidates will have a strong background in Injection Moulding as well as having strong supervisory / Team leading experience. Also, the successful candidate should also be backed with relevant external training qualifications (BPTA, G&A, PTIC).
Relevant Job Titles:
Moulding Technician, Setter Supervisor, Moulding Team Leader, Shift Manager, Shift Leader, Moulding Supervisor, Senior Setter.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed at all times
- Ensure that the quality of the production meets required targets
- Keeps areas of responsibility clean at all times
- Ensures machinery runs at minimum budgeted level of 90%
- Ensures scrap level does not exceed 2%
- Carries out Insert, Tool, and colour changes effectively
- Adheres to the production plan
- Allocates materials to lines and advises planning / purchasing of shortfalls
- Carries out basic maintenance tasks
- Supervises operators / packers
- Completes all shift production documentation
- Extensive working knowledge of the plastic injection Moulding process and associated machinery / plant
- Supervisory experience and the ability to lead and motivate others
- Ability to lead and promote Health and safety within the team
- Knowledge of Quality control and food hygiene standards
- Ability to set up an injection moulding machine and associated plant
- Ability to trouble shoot process and machinery issues
- Ability to carry out basic maintenance tasks.
If you would like to apply for the role, simply click the ‘apply now’ button to upload your CV and contact information or contact the assigned consultant for this job vacancy.
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
“Willcox Matthews Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Willcox Matthews Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.