- Must ensure they act in a responsible manner to ensure their own Health and Safety and the Health and Safety others on site at all times.
- Must ensure their workplace is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Must ensure any unsafe working conditions and practices are reported immediately to a member of the safety committee.
- To carryout mould and colour changes. To move materials to and from machine when required and as directed by the supervisor so that machines operate continuously.
- Assist with the maximisation of machine efficiency and utilisation, routine maintenance and repair monitoring, expediting and reporting production on a daily basis.
- Maximisation of uptime. Machine adjustment and the logging of results.
- Ensure machine logs and product route cards are completed accurately and that shift changeover aspects are successfully communicated.
- Be aware of material usage and monitor product quality.
- Ensure that good housekeeping is maintained in moulding area – Have a proactive approach to quality and ensure adherence to procedures.
- Work with a Continuous Process Improvement attitude – Liaise with other departments to ensure that the movement of material to/from the stores and production are transacted correctly and on time.
- Report mechanical, electrical and material defects that are outside their capability and that affects output or quality to the Team Leader.
- Participates in the annual appraisal procedure and achieves all mutually agreed targets.
- Attend periodic Operational meetings as and when advised.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with all his colleagues, whilst promoting a commitment to Total Quality and Continuous Improvement.
- To work rotational shift patterns as required and undertake all reasonable overtime requests.
- Mould tool setting: 2 years (Required)
- GCSE or equivalent (Required)
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK