- Carry out setting of all machinery in line with production requirements, to ensure targets and deliveries are met.
- Responsible for ensuring all tooling and machinery is regularly inspected in line with maintenance requirements.
- Monitor performance of all tooling and machinery, carrying out continuous improvements to deliver gains in output and efficiency.
- Identify potential and actual production issues.
- Take accountability for First part acceptance in line with QA & regulation requirements.
- Lead by example and maintain consistent / high personal standards.
- Compliance to set Quality Standards & Procedures.
- Keep all production equipment operational to ensure efficient output to expected standards.
- Ensure all machinery set and ready for operation as per the cell leaders plans.
- Ensure all consumables and spare part usage is prudent and reasonable.
- Have an active part in maintenance schedules and component replacement requirements, get best value for and maintenance work undertaken.
- Pro-actively contribute to the management of health and safety in local work environment.
- Ensure all reasonable steps are taken in any setting and maintenance work, to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
- Taking accountability for all other employees actions ensuring they behave within the guidelines of the health & safety and environmental legislation, (consult H&S or Supervisor where necessary).
- Responsible for ensuring that Pre-Start checks are carried out on all machines, prior to production commencement.
- Training of production staff in the correct use of machinery and equipment.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with people at all levels, including regular communication with team members, Cell Leaders and support functions.
- Lead by example
- Minimum 5 years in an Injection Moulding Machine setting operation.
- Experience of working with a high-volume manufacturing area with complex products.
- Experience of working in an environment which can become pressurised in line with production targets.
- Able to demonstrate personal success and leadership in the achievement of continuous, part or process improvement activities against a clear set of objectives.
- Proven track record of working with internal teams to ensure that production and quality targets are met.
- Proven people management skills, with the ability to develop others through coaching and support.
- Qualified in plastic injection moulding tool setting.
- Electrical fault finding.
- Identify and highlight material issues to relevant level.
- Computer-literate, being fully conversant with MS Excel, Word, Project, Power Point and MAT950.
- Able to prioritise information and discern which materials are urgent from important.
- Able to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Able to gain respect of others and their ‘buy in’.
- Able to operate confidently and communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in a written form.
- Professional in approach, and able to lead by example, acting with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, able to work cross-functionally.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK