Mould Process & Installations Engineer
Responsible for the development & installation of cost competitive IM moulding processes, founded through the implementation of latest technology and engineering innovation to realise production engineering strategic goals & objectives.
Safety & Environment
- To ensure all equipment adheres to procedures & EU Standards
- Follow and promote safe working in line with safety policies to achieve company H&S KPI’s
- Ensure all contractors are managed in line with procedures
- Ensure the specification of processes to help drive to be a >1 PPM company following a BiQ with Ownership approach
- Ensure process controls are clearly defined and implemented fully.
- Strong working knowledge to enable generation of the quality tools of QA Network, PFMEA and process Control Plans
- Strong IM processing knowledge to enable support to the MFG areas on the occurrence of processing problems such as, customer concern, scrap and defect
- Support customer visits with equipment demonstration.
- Generate manuals and training for new processes & equipment.
- Prepare and present materials to cross functional teams and senior managers including new project gateway release.
- Identify and implement TPM/PM schedules to machinery, jigs and fixtures.
- Ensure new process implementation schedules are met delivering the correct maturation level of process at the correct timing
- Maintain capacity and factory layout plans to optimise material flow.
- Calculate theoretical chemical usage and monitor against actual.
- Lead operation ratio improvement of machines and processes to increase machine availability
- Define long term Kaizen plans and monitor achievement.
- Implement ECI/PCI within the manufacturing process.
- Assess the impact of ECI / PCI to process and implement changes.
- Conduct capability studies on new and existing products and processes.
- Co-ordinate the introduction of new products and processes through trial builds and training.
- Create detail specifications for machinery ensuring standardisation and compliance, including identification of required process services/requirements and management of installation of process from specification to process hand over on time and within budget
- Contribute to your own self-development to ensure your knowledge is at the forefront of engineering.
- Willingly share process knowledge with mould team in order to create sustainable organisational structure
- HND/HNC in relevant discipline or Minimum 2 years Production Engineering experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of polymer technology, processing & IMM processes
- Demonstrable experience of defect / scrap reduction.
- Demonstrable ability to perform and analyse capability studies.
- Demonstrable ability to understand and implement process control in manufacturing area.
- Demonstrable ability to specify, procure, project manage & install IM machinery and associated services & processes
- High level of numerical / analytical ability.
- Demonstrable ability of leading cross functional improvement teams.
- Operation ratio data collection and analysis.
- Risk management / Assessment.
- Knowledge of relevant H&S Legislation (Machinery Directive, PUWER, British Standards etc).
- Engineering based degree.
- Experience of automotive. manufacturing standards.
- Ability to communicate at all levels from Associate to MD.
- Experience of hot plate welding & 2K elastomer processes
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK